incubator-general mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hadr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Accept the iota project into the Apache Incubator
Date Sat, 06 Feb 2016 04:14:29 GMT
Hi,

A bit of status. Most of the infrastructure is created. The Jira space
is waiting for a reboot of the system and will only be available next
Tue. The git repo is however available and we can start the code grant
process (by litbit, whom afaik owns the IP). Committers should continue
to submit the iclas and subcribe to lists.

The project needs to submit a report to the incubator quarterly (monthly
for the first 3 mo). I took the liberty tho submit the report for this
month [1], but I expect one or more committers to step up (the ASF is a
meritocracy) and take care (with help) of admin duties. Once most
everybody subscribes to the list, such communication should happen on
the (mailing) lists.

Best,
Hadrian

[1] https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/February2016

On 02/01/2016 12:51 AM, Tony Faustini wrote:
> Hi Hadrian, thanks for setting this all up. I have already sent in my ICLA and I hope
that the other contributors will follow this week. We are working on our corporate CLA and
that too should be in place soon. We are excited about the creation of this community and
we look forward to others participating.

> Again thanks for setting  up the iota polling we hope this will become a vibrant community
of interest for many individuals and corporations alike.

> -Tony
>
>> On Jan 31, 2016, at 4:40 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbarcea@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Tony, Reza,
>>
>> I found time this weekend to setup the iota podling. The proposal is now listed in
the index or proposals [1]. The project status page [2] is setup and listed in the incubator
list [3]. I will maintain the status page in the early phases. I created an issue for infra
to create the project resources [4] (mailing lists, git repo, etc). This should not take long.

>> Please review the incubation policy on setting up a new podling [5]. What you'll
need to do (or complete, because I think you already started) is the CLAs (individual and
corporate), orientation (it really helps) and the code grant and IP clearance.