incubator-general mailing list archives

From Anthony Baker <aba...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Geode (incubating) 1.0.0-incubating.M1
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2016 18:00:31 GMT
Thanks for clarifying this Justin.  Filed GEODE-914 to clean this up.

Anthony

> On Feb 3, 2016, at 2:04 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> NOTICE contains copyright, commons-io [2]
>
> It’s my understanding that for an ASF produced product with the name, copyright and
“this software produced at the ASF” that nothing needs to be added to notice.

>> NOTICE contains copyright and a few other declarations, log4j2 [3]
>
> Drop the Apache one and add the rest. I don’t know the history but it looks like these
are from copyright statements that have been relocated from the original source headers. Note
[1] has standard ASF header and these instructions [2].

>> NOTICE contains LOTS of stuff, lucene [4]
>
> Which looks wrong to me as it contains un-required Apache, MIT and BSD software. It looks
like most (if not all) of that should be in LICENSE not NOTICE. Given lucene has been about
for a long time there are probably historical reasons for this. The policy of what goes in
notice / license has changed over time.