incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dor Ben Dov <dor.ben-...@amdocs.com>
Subject RE: [MARKETING] Re: [MARKETING] Re: License question
Date Sun, 21 Feb 2016 18:06:43 GMT
Ted,

Thanks for the answer, this is the exactly what I know. Now I am calm.
Regard the last part, of course, going to apache incubator is a commitment
And building the community, being the community helping the community
Being activate, answer questions solve if possible bugs is the goal. One of the benefits
In the long run of course, is the self-growth by others.

Dor

-----Original Message-----
From: Ted Dunning [mailto:ted.dunning@gmail.com]
Sent: יום א 21 פברואר 2016 19:55
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [MARKETING] Re: [MARKETING] Re: License question

Dor,

The short answer is yes.  By open sourcing your code, you are giving it to the world. If somebody
wants to do something with that code, they can.

That may be what you want.  Or not.  You have to decide that.

Keep in mind as well that if you go the Apache route, you will be expected to help build a
community to carry this code forward over time regardless of what any single contributor might
do. That means you might drop out, but others could continue the project.