incubator-general mailing list archives

From Gregory Chase <gch...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Tempo - A proposal for an enterprise IoT platform
Date Sat, 16 Jan 2016 02:16:38 GMT
So then I might suggest refining the positioning.

When I see "an enterprise IoT platform" I'm thinking of backend systems and
analysis, not end point embedded systems or devices beyond the node.

A Nest thermostat is a device, but the backend analysis and smart cloud app
that centralizes the service and enhances the intelligence of the end point
device is the "enterprise" portion of the solution IMHO.

-G