incubator-general mailing list archives

From <ulrik.peder...@diamond.ac.uk>
Subject RE: Help for the Log4cxx podling
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2016 09:31:19 GMT
As a user (and small time contributor once) of log4cxx, I would vote for a move to a central
hosting on github. I don't mind what happens to the project in terms of the apache organization
as I use log4cxx as a stand-alone library - and I guess many others use log4cxx in the same
fashion. However, putting it in a read-only repo is effectively declaring it dead and forcing
everyone who uses it to either create individual forks or rewrite code using alternative libraries.
That will be a shame for a library that probably for most users (me certainly) Just Works
:-)

The trouble on github at the moment is that there are up to 40 potential forks on there with
no central one - as the github.com/apache/log4cxx is very out-of-date...

Just my £0.02 worth...

Cheers,
Ulrik

--
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential, copyright and or privileged material,
and are for the use of the intended addressee only. If you are not the intended addressee