incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache FreeMarker 2.3.24-rc01 (incubating)
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2016 17:29:53 GMT
Maybe it's too late or has been already reported but at 1st glance it was not obvious to me
that, after downloading/installing Ant and Ivy, I should
have copied ivy.jar in ant/lib to be able to build.
Else you get this error:
<<apache-freemarker-2.3.24-rc01-incubating-src\build.xml:962: Problem: failed to create
task or type antlib:org.apache.ivy.ant:settings>>

So for noobies like me, I would recommend a sentence like
     <<Note that ivy-version.jar should be copied from ivy to your ant-version/lib folder>>
after
     <<You need JDK 8(!), Apache Ant and Ivy to be installed. (As of this writing
     it was tested with Ant 1.8.1 and Ivy 2.3.0.)>>

Note: I'm on Win7 but I don't think it has an impact on this.

All the rest (MD5, DISCLAIMER, LICENSE, NOTICE, README) is OK with me. I enjoyed RELEASE-NOTES
:)

So +0 (not binding anyway)

Jacques