incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject OK to distribute some GPL licensed build tools?
Date Sun, 10 Jan 2016 22:25:36 GMT
Hi,

Changing subject so not to pollute the Singa VOTE thread.

So it seem the GPL with this special exception are OK to distribute. [3][4]

Looks like our documentation may need to be updated/clarified in a couple of places.

For instance:
- The "GNU Free For All” license is not listed as a Category A license [1]
- Special exceptions to the GPL are not allowed [2]. Except for this special exception that
is!
- When distributing GPL software with this exception do we need to mention so in LICENSE?
Do we also need to distribute GPL text in COPYING as indicated in the header text?
- Should the text under the built tools question mention GPL with this special exception as
OK? [3]

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-a