incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Dekany <ddek...@freemail.hu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache FreeMarker 2.3.24-rc01 (incubating)
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2016 07:38:48 GMT
Those are artifacts for unit-testing functionality that needs jar
files as input. Yes, they could be generated as part of the build, but
that wasn't done yet, and frankly that would just complicate the test
suite without practical benefits. Their content is mostly just text
files, with the exception of WebappLocalFreemarkerServlet.class,
though one can see that it's just "class WebappLocalFreemarkerServlet
extends FreemarkerServlet {}".

As of the NOTICE entires for them:

- They were added as these are binaries and hence can't have
  copyright notice comment.

- These only occur in the NOTICE of the source release, not in
  freemarker.jar!/META-INF/NOTICE for example.

--
Thanks,
 Daniel Dekany