incubator-general mailing list archives

From Henry Robinson <he...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Accept Impala into the Apache Incubator
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2015 23:26:19 GMT
On 1 December 2015 at 15:22, Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 5:02 PM, Henry Robinson <henry@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> > On 1 December 2015 at 14:46, Daniel Gruno <humbedooh@apache.org> wrote:

> > > Given as we have no actual incubator policy that states whether
> > > consensus is required or not - or at least none that I could find -
> one
> > > would assume this falls back to the default "3x+1 and more +1s than
> -1s"
> > > here, with consensus being something we strive for, but not a mandatory
> > > outcome.
> >

> Agreed. That was my interpretation, too. I likely would not have cast a
> veto, if that was the interpretation.

> > > You don't necessarily need to have everyone agree with you, but you
> > > should at least have a discussion about your different opinions.
> >

> Right.

> > I understand that Greg does not feel his viewpoint
> > has been carried into the proposal for Impala,
>

> Oh, I missed the discussion, and only belatedly learned of the RTC and use
> of Gerrit within the proposal. I had no preconceptions that the proposal
> needed to be altered for [just] me. Only avenue was the vote.

Ok - thanks for clearing that up! Are you satisfied that there's been
enough discussion over RTC vs CTR (which I think is Bertrand's concern)?
Are you happy (ok, happy's probably the wrong word) that the [VOTE] has
been satisfactorily concluded, and passes, or is there something else you
would like us to address?

Best,
Henry