incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Accept Impala into the Apache Incubator
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2015 23:22:34 GMT
On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 5:02 PM, Henry Robinson <henry@cloudera.com> wrote:

> On 1 December 2015 at 14:46, Daniel Gruno <humbedooh@apache.org> wrote:

> > Given as we have no actual incubator policy that states whether
> > consensus is required or not - or at least none that I could find -  one
> > would assume this falls back to the default "3x+1 and more +1s than -1s"
> > here, with consensus being something we strive for, but not a mandatory
> > outcome.

Agreed. That was my interpretation, too. I likely would not have cast a
veto, if that was the interpretation.

> > You don't necessarily need to have everyone agree with you, but you
> > should at least have a discussion about your different opinions.

Right.

> I understand that Greg does not feel his viewpoint
> has been carried into the proposal for Impala,

Oh, I missed the discussion, and only belatedly learned of the RTC and use
of Gerrit within the proposal. I had no preconceptions that the proposal
needed to be altered for [just] me. Only avenue was the vote.

Cheers,
-g