incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Accept Metron into Apache Incubator
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2015 03:46:28 GMT
On Sun, Dec 6, 2015 at 5:43 PM, Debo Dutta (dedutta) <dedutta@cisco.com> wrote:
> Hi Owen
>
> This is good.
>
> The SGA stuff is still in progress. Cisco is very interested in Metron and
> would like to be involved (in fact the opensrc folks at Cisco seem to be
> unaware of the Metron proposal - till we talked about the SGA). Would it
> be possible to put an addendum to the original Metron proposal that Cisco
> is interested - to set the facts straight!

Cisco's involvement would of course be welcome and it's great to hear
about the positive internal reactions.

The Metron proposal text was the subject of an IPMC VOTE. Any
"addendum" should take the form of annotations that do not appear to
change the meaning of the VOTE ex post facto. But that doesn't mean we
can't be accommodating -- we have plenty of flexibility.

Marvin Humphrey