incubator-general mailing list archives

From Tony Faustini <t...@litbit.com>
Subject Tempo - will there be issues using this name?
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2015 20:03:49 GMT
Hi all,  as part of the due diligence for the TempoProposal we need to see if the name ’Tempo’
is viable. I did a search of the US Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS) and found 188
live uses of this name as well as a Google Search. The most interesting one that emerged and
that is directly related to this technology space was a Chicago based start-up called TempoIQ
see https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/tempo#/entity <https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/tempo#/entity>.
It would be good to get the Apache Legal team perspective on this. I didn’t do an International
search on the name yet but will do so if needed.

Thanks
-Tony