incubator-general mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Accept Impala into the Apache Incubator
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2015 22:46:10 GMT
On 12/01/2015 11:37 PM, Henry Robinson wrote:
> On 1 December 2015 at 14:32, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 10:51 PM, Henry Robinson <henry@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Binding -1s (4):
>>>     Greg Stein
>>>     Ralph Goers
>>>     Roman Shaposhnik
>>>     Konstantin Boudnik ...
>>
>> Please indicate how the issues that are behind these -1s have been
>> addressed.
>>
>> I might have missed something, just had a quick look at the VOTE thread.
>>

> Do they have to be addressed for the vote to pass? My understanding was
> that this vote was by majority, and that -1s did not act as vetos.

Given as we have no actual incubator policy that states whether
consensus is required or not - or at least none that I could find -  one
would assume this falls back to the default "3x+1 and more +1s than -1s"
here, with consensus being something we strive for, but not a mandatory
outcome.

What Bertrand might be trying to ask here is whether the concerns have
been addressed in the sense that there have been replies and a
discussion surrounding these topics.

You don't necessarily need to have everyone agree with you, but you
should at least have a discussion about your different opinions.

With regards,
Daniel.