incubator-general mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RTC vs CTR (was: Concerning Sentry...)
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2015 16:56:42 GMT
FWIW:

I just now looked at Gerrit (being it’s what sparked this discussion) and I think that it
falls in that category between classic CTR and RTC. I was reading this document which gives
an overview.[1] The review there happens IN the central repo, but it’s mandatory before
content is checked out. I assume the technology uses two repos internally which is an “pending”
repo as well as an “approved” one but I could be wrong on that. (I only gave it a quick
one-over.)

So technically, the review is after the commit (to a central staging repo), but it’s mandatory
before the commit is officially accepted and will be checked out from the (central approved)
repo. It’s an interesting approach.

(I realize that some folks will still consider this “bad”, but I can see why it might
be attractive.)

Harbs

https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/intro-quick.html