incubator-general mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RTC vs CTR (was: Concerning Sentry...)
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2015 09:28:13 GMT
AIUI, there’s two ways to go about RTC which is easier in Git:
1) Working in feature/bug fix branches. Assuming RTC only applies to the main branch, changes
are done in separate branches where commits do not require review. The feature/bug fix branch
is then only merged back in after it had a review. The reason this is easier is because branching
and merging is almost zero effort in Git. Many Git workflows don’t work on the main branch
anyway, so this is a particularly good fit for those workflows.
2) Pull requests. Using pull requests, all changes can be pulled in with a single command.

I’ve personally never participated in RTC (unless you count Github projects and before I
was a committer in Flex), so it could be I’m missing something.

Of course there’s nothing to ENFORCE that the commit is not done before a review, but why
would you want to do that? That’s where trust comes to play… ;-)

Harbs