incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niall Pemberton <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] OpenMiracl for Incubation
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2015 00:35:05 GMT
On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 9:29 AM, Nick Kew <niq@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2015-11-10 at 01:33 +0000, Nick Kew wrote:
> > I should like to propose that we consider OpenMiracl for incubation.
>
> This proposal is now at
> https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/OpenMiraclProposal

"As soon as OpenMiracl is accepted into the Incubator, Certivox (now
MIRACL) will transfer the source code and trademark to the ASF with a
Software Grant, and licensed under the Apache License 2.0. Certivox/MIRACL
retains rights to its existing MIRACL mark."

The above isn't clear, saying the trademark will be transferred to the ASF
and "Certivox/MIRACL retains rights to its existing MIRACL mark". What
trademark is being transferred to the ASF?

The ASF project called OpenMiracl and Certivox/MIRACL continuing to use the
MIRACL mark would seem to muddy the water between the two. Would this not
disadvantage others building something based on OpenMiracl?

Niall