incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Concerning Sentry: A disagreement over the Apache Way and graduation
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 03:13:02 GMT
On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 6:49 PM, Arvind Prabhakar <arvind@apache.org> wrote:

> <snip>
>
> Just to be clear - you're
> > vouching that all of Sentry's development is happening in the open, and
> > Sentry development decisions are not being taken offlist?
> >
> </snip>
>

> Yes, in my best judgement, I feel the Sentry community is flourishing and
> very welcoming of interactions with the broader community of users and
> developers. They happen to be Jira centric and I agree that it may not seem
> to be as welcoming as a non-Jira centric project. That said, the project's
> focus is low-level security integration and it is not something that the
> users interact with directly - which in my opinion naturally fits the Jira
> centric model.

Arvind,

Since we just came off of a misunderstanding about an ambiguous statement,
I would like to point out that your response did not actually answer the
question.

It might be good to nip any further misunderstanding in the bud by
clarifying what you said.

The question is "[are you] vouching that all of Sentry's development is