incubator-general mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Metrics, Not Apache Humans
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2015 15:16:23 GMT
On Sun, Nov 15, 2015 at 10:49 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz <
bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 15, 2015 at 7:20 PM, Marko Rodriguez <okrammarko@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > ...The Apache Way should be about metrics..
> >...Get the human out of the loop!
>
> No.
>
> The ASF is built on the collective wisdom of its members and
> community. Having metrics-based projects might be an interesting
> experiment, but that's not the ASF.
>
> -Bertrand

I was trying to find a polite way to disagree, and Bertrand said it all.

Also, we have multiple projects, in different maturity levels (which imply
different activity levels), which are just fine for ASF.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende