incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: Short form IP clearance
Date Sun, 01 Nov 2015 12:38:38 GMT
On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 7:20 AM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 3:41 AM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:
>> I don't think anyone in the incubator is begging to be responsible.  We
>> just need a new process defined.
>
> Actually, since the Incubator continues to receive criticism for its
> role in IP Clearance, I specifically request that the Incubator be
> relieved of that role. If having the Incubator hold the power to
> "meddle" causes such alarm, the Board should find somebody else to do
> this work.

I don't think we should be looking to the Board directly for this, we
should be looking to Legal Affairs to reaffirm, adjust, or revoke this
arrangement.

> We have enough to worry about with our primary responsibility of
> incubating podlings. We don't need more reasons for powers-that-be to
> give us grief.

The powers that be (a.k.a., the board) either need to reinstate Jim as
VP of Affairs or find a replacement, and then hold that individual
(and associated committee) accountable for revisiting this issue.

- Sam Ruby