incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Concerning Sentry: A disagreement over the Apache Way and graduation
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 08:48:30 GMT
On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 11:11 PM, Joe Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net> wrote:
> ...Sentry started with 24 committers/PPMC. It hasn't added any PPMC members
> since its inception...

If that's correct I'm -1 on graduating Sentry.

and earlier he wrote:
> ..The model that Sentry is pursing may work very well *for the existing
> members of the podling.* In my opinion, its process is entirely too
> opaque to allow for interested parties outside of the existing podling
> and companies interested in Sentry development to become involved...

Not having added any PPMC members seems to confirm that.

Based on the information provided in this thread It looks to me like
Sentry isn't operating according to items CO20, CO40, CS20 and CS50 of
our maturity model [1].

-Bertrand

[1] https://community.apache.org/apache-way/apache-project-maturity-model.html