incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RTC vs CTR (was: Concerning Sentry...)
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 18:29:39 GMT
On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 4:31 AM, Stephen Connolly <
stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com> wrote:

> I believe the issue here is that with CTR it is very easy to miss the 72h
> lazy consensus voting (with an assumed +1 absence any votes cast) that most
> CTR projects operate under... and thus it can also be very easy to miss the
> fact that there are reviews going on (and I am being generous here, I
> suspect that a lot of CTR commits are only reviewed within the 72h by a
> blind man on a galloping horse)

There isn't lazy consensus going on. All that really exists is the ability
to veto. If you don't get a veto, then you've achieved consensus :-)

And 72h is not part of the process either ... any change can be vetoed any
time before it gets released. "-1 on releasing that change" can occur
months later as you're preparing a release. See: http://s.apache.org/j4

Cheers,
-g