incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RTC vs CTR (was: Concerning Sentry...)
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2015 19:00:13 GMT
On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 10:56 AM, Harbs <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

> So technically, the review is after the commit (to a central staging
> repo), but it’s mandatory before the commit is officially accepted and will
> be checked out from the (central approved) repo. It’s an interesting
> approach.
>
> (I realize that some folks will still consider this “bad”, but I can see
> why it might be attractive.)

Yup. It is a great tool once you've decided to go with RTC. Same with
GitHub Pull Requests.

IMO, it is the *tooling* around Git which makes it great. As a VCS, it is
fine, but it shines when matched with the tool ecosystem. You could do
pretty much all this with svn, but nobody ever built the tooling. :-/
 svn's strengths lie elsewhere.

Cheers,
-g