incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: Adopting non-ASF AL projects (was Re: [DISCUSS] Kudu incubator proposal)
Date Sat, 28 Nov 2015 06:43:48 GMT
Hi,

> Strange, my GH view showed 12.

That includes pull requests.

>  And what do we ask?  To sign an SGA or something else?

a) If they are OK to have the code donated to Apache b) have they signed an ICLA for the project
and if not would they be willing to sign an Apache one.

>  And how many positive responses do we need?  Until this
> thread came up, I thought we had to get all of them on an SGA.

My understanding is Apache generally doesn’t require an ICLA for a small amount of code
i.e. a pull request, so if you can get all of the major contributors to sign ICLAs that may
be enough.

> The contributor I talked with implied that there were more than two
> contributors

I can only see 2 people involved at that github repo, so you may want to double check that.

Thanks,
Justin