incubator-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Concerning Sentry: A disagreement over the Apache Way and graduation
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 19:04:43 GMT
On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 12:48 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 11:11 PM, Joe Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net> wrote:
>> ...Sentry started with 24 committers/PPMC. It hasn't added any PPMC members
>> since its inception...
>
> If that's correct I'm -1 on graduating Sentry.
>
> and earlier he wrote:
>> ..The model that Sentry is pursing may work very well *for the existing
>> members of the podling.* In my opinion, its process is entirely too
>> opaque to allow for interested parties outside of the existing podling
>> and companies interested in Sentry development to become involved...
>
> Not having added any PPMC members seems to confirm that.
>
> Based on the information provided in this thread It looks to me like
> Sentry isn't operating according to items CO20, CO40, CS20 and CS50 of
> our maturity model [1].

If this thread is about bringing consensus around the graduation path
for Sentry, is there any chance the community/mentors can compile
all the data points that are part of the maturity model? This will make
it much easier to see things in the holistic view.

Thanks,
Roman.