incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] TinkerPop 3.1.0-incubating Release
Date Sun, 22 Nov 2015 07:36:45 GMT
HI,

> Maybe we did something wrong here, but those classes are here:
>
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-tinkerpop/blob/master/gremlin-core/src/main/java/org/apache/tinkerpop/gremlin/structure/io/graphml/GraphMLWriterHelper.java
>
> The are basically just recreated as inner classes in that java file.

Nothing "wrong" as they are Apache licensed however you may need to change NOTICE as described
in the previous mail.

> The link you posted was for 3.0.0-incubating,

Yes that where the issue was originally brought up and it’s not been corrected in this release.

> I something amiss in our current version that you still see wrong somehow?

Yes the LICENSE and NOTICE are not correct in the binary files, most of what what's in NOTICE
should be in LICENSE or not included at all. The assembling license and notice page spells
it out quite clearly [1]. In particular look at the section on adding permissive software
and what doesn’t go in NOTICE.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html