incubator-general mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Podling Website
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 17:05:17 GMT
+1 to jekyll also.

I’m a git fanboy but in my opinion, for the purposes of publishing web sites svnpubsub is
superior to gitpubsub. Why? Websites contain a lot of generated code such as javadoc, and
I don’t want that living in my git repo (and everyone else’s copy of it) forever. I recommend
keeping the source of your web site (markdown, a few images, and of course the code from which
the javadoc is generated) in git in a “site” folder, and map the generated “site/target”
folder to svn.

Julian