incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Concerning Sentry: A disagreement over the Apache Way and graduation
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2015 15:56:27 GMT
And I have to disagree with you Joe. To me, a mandatory RTC policy says “we don’t trust
anybody”. Sure, it doesn’t discriminate, but it is also a PITA. One project I mentored
uses RTC along with ReviewBoard and mandates that you cannot commit your own work and every
commit must be formally reviewed. I have found this process to be so onerous that I have never
committed any code to the project, even though I really would like to.  I find the pace of
this project to be fairly slow.  But it seems to fit within the corporate culture that most
of the committers seem to work in.

OTOH, I am involved in a project that uses CTR but where feature branches are frequently created
to allow others to review and improve significant new work before it is integrated. As a consequence,
new features are introduced at a much faster pace in this project.

Ralph