incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: RTC vs CTR (was: Concerning Sentry...)
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2015 16:16:08 GMT
None of your statements below are any different between RTC or CTR. The only time it makes
aa difference is if no one does reviews.  My feeling is that a community that insists on RTC
believes that code will not be reviewed unless committers are forced to do it.

All I can say, is that for me personally I have found the process of having to create a patch,
submit a code review, wait for the review and participate in it, then wait for the commit
to be onerous enough that I just don’t bother.  As I said, in a CTR community there are
many times where branches are created and the code is reviewed there before being merged because
the authors believe the code is significant enough to require it.  The author is then the
one who merges the branch once the reviews are complete.  To be perfectly honest, this pretty
much exactly matches the way software is created in the development team I work with in the
$day$ job too.

Ralph