incubator-general mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adopting non-ASF AL projects (was Re: [DISCUSS] Kudu incubator proposal)
Date Sat, 28 Nov 2015 18:20:39 GMT
Both Swiz and AS3Commons were originally hosted on Google Code and Apache License was clearly
stated there[1][2]. So I don’t think there’s any question about the license. Like you
said, it’s not likely anyone that contributed even if they don’t understand licenses (not
very likely) will care. I think it unlikely that code was taken from elsewhere

Getting an ICLA from all contributors is just about impossible.

So the question is can the donation of the one contact we do have suffice in this case, or
do we need to leave the code.

The commit history of both projects is still available on Google Code, so it should be possible
to go through that if it would help. (Of course a3commons had close to 2000 commits so that’s
going to be a lot of work…)

Harbs

[1]https://code.google.com/p/as3-commons/
[2]https://code.google.com/p/swizframework/

On Nov 28, 2015, at 7:57 PM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com> wrote:

> Alex
>
> The question is whether the claim that the code is actually under ASL is correct. If
the contributors didn't understand that the ASL was to be applied or have some grotesque misunderstanding
about what copyright means or what granting an irrevocable license means, it is good to flush
it out.