incubator-general mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Incubator mail archives lagging badly
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2015 20:16:44 GMT
Mike Percy wrote on 11/20/15 1:55 PM:
> Is the ASF mail archive webapp OSS? I wonder how hard it would be to make a
> couple minor usability improvements.

Of course it is!  It's just an httpd module, actually, which (in theory)
makes install/maintenance really simple, basically pointing it at a
directory of MBOXes.

  http://httpd.apache.org/mod_mbox/

It is, er, a touch crufty, so I imagine that medium term the Ponymail
interface will eventually be used for our official archives (i.e.
permanent and stable URLs) going forward, once there's a plan to get it
installed/maintained.

MarkMail is a good alternative search engine (third party):

  http://apache.markmail.org/

- Shane