incubator-general mailing list archives

From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: Concerning Sentry: A disagreement over the Apache Way and graduation
Date Sun, 15 Nov 2015 19:26:27 GMT
Top-posting on purpose.

This thread has veered from discussing specific concerns about Sentry to
a discussion about the Maturity Model. It'd probably be good to fork the
thread and continue the discussion separately in case other folks
specifically interested in the discussion about Sentry are watching this
thread.

Best,

jzb

On Sun, Nov 15, 2015, at 01:56 PM, Pierre Smits wrote:
> Justin,
>
> Why is it so that graduation can be vetoed?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Pierre Smits
>
> *OFBiz Extensions Marketplace*
> http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/
>
> On Sun, Nov 15, 2015 at 4:13 PM, Justin Erenkrantz
> <justin@erenkrantz.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Saturday, November 14, 2015, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:
> >
> > > No. I can use whatever criteria I like to justify my vote on a podlings
> > > graduation, if it's in line with asf philosophy. This document is,  and
> > > accurately reflects the criteria I use when voting on a graduation. That
> > > is, the document reflects me, not vice versa, as I said above.
> > >
> > > It's very akin to the docs that circulate around member election time.
> > They
> > > are useful guidelines but nobody is compelled to adhere to any particular
> > > one of them.
> > >

> > The difference is that member elections are majority-based - graduation
> > votes are essentially subject to veto.
> >
> > There's a huge difference there.  If you are subjecting all of your votes
> > to that checklist and will actively block podlings that do not meet your
> > personal guidelines, you are making everyone else subject to it.  -- justin

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier