incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] OpenMiracl for Incubation
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2015 01:33:07 GMT
I should like to propose that we consider OpenMiracl for incubation.

OpenMiracl is software for distributed cryptography, building
on the existing MIRACL library and tools.  Among the
big problems it helps solve are Identity and Trust, and it
crucially serves to eliminate single points of failure.

OpenMiracl seeks incubation at Apache to help it transition
from a single-company open source project to full open development.
This move is prompted by increasing outside corporate interest,
and will take place concurrently with an IETF standards process
for the M-Pin protocol underlying much of OpenMiracl.

I'll attach the full draft proposal here, and upload to the
wiki once I've sorted access there.

--
Nick Kew