incubator-general mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RTC vs CTR (was: Concerning Sentry...)
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 07:31:21 GMT
I’ve been reading this discussion with some amusement. I’m not strongly in either camp.
I can see the advantages to both RTC and CTR.

One advantage to RTC that I have not seen stressed in this discussion, is that it forces others
to actually review changes. Sure. The responsible thing to do is to review others work when
they commit it. But people can be busy, and a commit can go in un-checked by others. If that’s
ok, then great, but if it is decided by the community that for quality control, everything
should get at least two sets of eyeballs then RTC makes a lot of sense — not because you
don’t trust the person committing the code, but because you can’t rely on the fact that
everyone ELSE will look it over. That’s not “I don’t trust you” at all.

My 2 cents,
Harbs