incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Concerning Sentry: A disagreement over the Apache Way and graduation
Date Sun, 15 Nov 2015 18:28:12 GMT
I think the Maturity Model, relied on as some guidelines for assessing a project, needs to
be applied for that purpose in terms of identifying the striving-fors.  Is there evidence
that particular areas are being strived for.  Is there evidence of an anti-pattern.  How do
these net out in the considered judgment of the person making that assessment, what facts
are indicators, warning-signs, etc.

It is my understanding that this is not a pure pass/fail thing.  A graduation could be accompanied
by a charge to develop/diminish/whatever in the activities of the newly-established PMC and
having that accounted for.

Isn't this an always "on balance" determination, where in some cases, demonstration of remedy
is required before graduation and other times not?  (With some items being show-stoppers,
I suppose, such as careless handling of IP clearance.)

 - Dennis