incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: A question: Is it alright to say no to potential podlings?
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2015 08:56:37 GMT
Hi,

>  I know I've been a bit worried about Mynewt in that context - not
> enough to think it should be rejected, but enough to be concerned about
> what expectations we're setting, etc.

While I don’t know the exact answer and can;t speak for the project. I don’t see too much
of an issue here as I assume testing can be done via simulation (and not on the target platforms)
on currently available infrastructure. PPMC members or interested committers / users are likely
to have their own hardware to validate releases and that hardware is of reasonably low cost
($20-$50 for a development board).

Thanks,
Justin