incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andrew Bayer <andrew.ba...@gmail.com>
Subject A question: Is it alright to say no to potential podlings?
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2015 07:46:11 GMT
This is a legitimate question - by my very rough count, we've accepted
25-30 podlings into the Incubator in the last year, and other than the
JavaX trainwreck, I'm having a hard time finding examples of potential
podlings we've declined to incubate. Some of that is certainly because it's
not easy to find the failures - I'm assuming they tend not to make it to a
vote. But I'm really curious about this - what's the last example (if any)
of a potential podling making it to the vote stage but not being accepted?
Can we think of some examples in recent years of potential podlings getting
to the point of a serious DISCUSS thread but not making it to a vote? Is it
culturally acceptable for IPMC members to vote no?

A.