incubator-general mailing list archives

From Luke Han <luke...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to get more mentors on podlings
Date Sat, 24 Oct 2015 23:58:37 GMT
During yesterday's Apache Roadshow China, I have discussed a lot with Brett
about this also, since there are some potential podlings willing to
contribute to ASF from local community but struggled with same issue.

I would like to continue here (I think this thread is right one) also, as
my observation from general list:
Some podling are easy to found enough mentors, but some can not, especially
for some new proposal who do not have good connection with existing mentors.

Then we could see some has long mentor list and some not, but actually 3
mentors of one podling is good enough (if all of them are active), right?
So beside for people to seeking mentors by themselves (convince mentors by
their interesting), should we also discuss about how mentors/IPMC to help
such podling, for example to raise hand say hi there's some bandwidth for
new podling?

Thanks.

Best Regards!

Luke Han