incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Starting from the other end
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2015 23:36:39 GMT
On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 4:27 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <roman@shaposhnik.org>
wrote:

> >> Ted, was it your intent to first get an agreement on *what* we all
> expect
> >> from the Incubator and then follow up on *how* are these expectations
> >> going to be met by our current policies?
> >>

> > I think that is what I said in my original posting and in the preamble of
> > this document.
> >
> > Was it somehow unclear?
>
> What was unclear is the timing on when do we get to talk about those
> million dollar questions and in what format. I guess now that I've
> commented
> on this thread, I'll wait for the follow up.

There is useful work going on right now on the how.

See the maturity model.

See the release guidelines.

See pretty much everything that Marvin has been doing, for that matter.

As I stated in the subject line, I am starting on the other end of the
process to build more consensus about what we are doing so that some of the
more difficult problems will have that consensus as a starting point.