incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Starting from the other end
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2015 23:09:16 GMT
On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 3:38 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <roman@shaposhnik.org>
wrote:

> I think I'm with Sam. I think these are related. Or to be more explicit:
> the way a project joins a foundation (regardless of what path it takes)
> is via a board passing a resolution.
>
> Perhaps defining exact criteria that the board uses to evaluate such
> resolutions would be useful.

Perhaps it would be.  My focus right now is making sure that the Incubator
works well.

So far, direct to top-level is an exceptional case handled by people who
need neither Incubator nor documentation.

And Incubator alternatives don't exist yet and wouldn't be the Incubator
even if they did.

So the document we have here is about the Incubator as it is.