incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Oct 2015 ([ppmc])
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2015 18:16:51 GMT
It isn't an unforgiving stance. It is just that it isn't very OK to let
this slide.

A podling has 3 months to write this report. It shouldn't be a surprise
that it is coming back around.  Much of the data can be pulled
semi-automatically.

So it isn't a big deal to do this.

And it provides a very important check that the project is still ticking
over.  Projects that repeatedly fail to produce timely reports are commonly
projects in trouble. It is better to push a bit and find out which projects
those are. One key symptom of trouble is if one person is doing everything
and that was exactly what I probed for.