incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [graduation] Maturity model-based assessment of Groovy for its graduation
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2015 08:15:53 GMT
On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 3:25 AM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...that might just be me...

I agree that each of our projects regularly evaluating their state
against the maturity model would be useful. We can either make that a
requirement (like once a year as part of the board reporting) or make
that an optional "quality label" that projects can display on their
website, like a regularly updated version of what we're doing for the
Groovy podling at [1].

I prefer the latter, a voluntary public report that can be used by the
project's community as well as the board as a tool for evaluating the
project's health but without imposing more process on our projects.

(and as others have said this would be a more a discussion for comdev,
it's not incubator-specific)

-Bertrand

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-groovy/blob/master/MATURITY.adoc