incubator-general mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [graduation] Maturity model-based assessment of Groovy for its graduation
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 11:17:10 GMT
A huge +1, but I wonder about a few things. Who does the work? Who
evaluates the results? What happens when projects "fail"?
Le 15/10/15 11:46, Bertrand Delacretaz a écrit :
> Hi Incubator PMC,
>
> FYI I have started an experiment at
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-groovy/blob/master/MATURITY.adoc ,
> using our maturity model to evaluate Groovy before its mentors suggest
> its graduation (which should happen very soon).
>
> So far this has helped uncover a few issues that we (at least I)
> hadn't noticed otherwise. Nothing major, but interesting, and I think
> it can be useful for the IPMC and Board once they have to decide to
> graduate the podling.

That's an interesting exercise !

Having read the document Betrand has completed for Groovy, I do think
that an audit of all the existing TLP should be done in the next month
to check if all the iterms are correctly fullfiled. I suspect we would
be surprised...