incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: FW: [RESULT][VOTE] Retire Kalumet from the incubator
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2015 19:22:48 GMT
On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 11:45 AM, Marvin Humphrey <marvin@apache.org> wrote:

> As the Kalumet community vote on the podling dev list was uncontested, I plan
> to wait 72 hours after forwarding the VOTE RESULT for lazy consensus of the
> IPMC, then to proceed with retirement.

Bah.  I misinterpreted this passage from the retirement guide:

    http://incubator.apache.org/guides/retirement.html

    1.  If the PPMC unanimously recommends retirement, it gets retired. No
        need for a VOTE, just notify the IPMC, leave for 72 hours minimum and
        retire it.

That's referring to unanimous recommendation of the PPMC during a [DISCUSS]
thread on the podling dev list obviating the need for the *community* vote.
The IPMC vote on general@incubator is still required.

I'll start the IPMC vote.

Marvin Humphrey