incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <Ross.Gard...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: A question: Is it alright to say no to potential podlings?
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2015 14:35:30 GMT
If a project has infra requirements that are not “standard” for the ASF then these should,
IMHO, be uncovered by the champion/mentors prior to proposal. If missed there then the discuss
phase should uncover them.

These should then be discussed with the infra team prior to vote.

Ross

Sent from Outlook Mail<http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550987> for Windows 10
phone

From: Justin Mclean
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2015 1:57 AM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: A question: Is it alright to say no to potential podlings?

Hi,

>  I know I've been a bit worried about Mynewt in that context - not
> enough to think it should be rejected, but enough to be concerned about
> what expectations we're setting, etc.

While I don’t know the exact answer and can;t speak for the project. I don’t see too much
of an issue here as I assume testing can be done via simulation (and not on the target platforms)
on currently available infrastructure. PPMC members or interested committers / users are likely
to have their own hardware to validate releases and that hardware is of reasonably low cost
($20-$50 for a development board).

Thanks,
Justin