incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <Ross.Gard...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: When podlings don't file a report
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 17:56:59 GMT
Mentors, in my opinion, are not responsible for their podlings. They are responsible for guiding
the podlings but not for filing.

Mentors do have a responsibility to the IPMC to make a recommendation (e.g. "I've looked into
the failure to report and am happy with the status, it's just busy people this month" or "Looks
to me like the podling community don't take reporting seriously. As a mentor I've tried but
failed to communicate the importance this.")

That being said an individual who is both an active member of the projects development community
and a mentor is as responsible as any other community member.

Ross

-----Original Message-----
From: Marvin Humphrey [mailto:marvin@rectangular.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2015 9:42 AM
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: When podlings don't file a report

Greets,

This month, six podlings failed to file a report.  Of those, one has failed to file 4 months
running, and another two have failed to file for 2 months running.

Filing one month late every once in a while is excusable, but two months or more ought to
trigger a followup.

If it turns out that the Mentors have been reminding the podling to file but nobody's followed
through, why not add a comment in the "Mentor comments"
section?  (That's what Rob Weir did this month -- kudos!)  Aren't the Mentors part of the
podling community and thus sharing in the responsibility for reporting?

Marvin Humphrey