incubator-general mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Require projects to have solid API docs
Date Sun, 11 Oct 2015 18:49:08 GMT
Per [1], "Apache projects should provide sufficient documentation [… so that … ] users
can both make use of our software freely”.

And: "users of Apache software should be able to find our software, learn how to use it, and
actually apply it to all its common use cases solely by going to the Apache project’s own
website”.

So: there should be some documentation about how to use the project on the project web site.
That documentation does not need to be in any particular form, such as javadoc.

Julian

[1] https://community.apache.org/projectIndependence.html