incubator-general mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Mentor neutrality policy
Date Sat, 10 Oct 2015 11:10:25 GMT
On 10.10.2015 09:06, Daniel Gruno wrote:
> On 10/10/2015 07:51 AM, Andrew Purtell wrote:
>> We should address perceived, and certainly provable, instances of
>> corruption at the Foundation directly, rather than prescribe policy that
>> seeks to prevent future instances as if there is a precedent (but there
>> isn't one here... at least one not spoken aloud, right?).
> We shouldn't need to have publicly available cases of wrong-doings to
> say "no wrong-doings please". We hold our politicians to this standard
> where I come from - it's called the Arm's Length Principle, and it's
> worked very well.

But the grounds for implementing such a policy are the thousands of
years of history with millions of examples of politicians being
narcissistic, corrupt, anti-social nutcases.

How many examples of corrupt, anti-social nutcases can you count amongst
ASF members or IPMC members, that would justify your proposal?

-- Brane