incubator-general mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject structural reform- division of labor
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 02:17:57 GMT
Elsewhere in the org several ideas have been floated around regardinggeneral reorganization
and reform.  Things like possibly creating a newcommittee to oversee inbound and outbound
podlings, or perhaps having the IPMC form such a subcommittee.
I mention these notions not because I support them, but because othershere might want to pick
up that ball and push some of that to conclusion.
However, one related suggestion I do support: creating subdivisions withinthe incubator by
labor.  I would prefer to call those working groups butthat's not a big deal.
It would be beneficial in several ways: teams of ingress IPMC memberscould have a focused
discussion on their own list about how to makeimprovements in that labor area.  Similarly
for documentation, outbound transitioning, mentoring, tho as Martijn points out that might
need additional subdividing by focus areas or timeline specialization.
Ted can fully flesh the details out as this was something he mentioned to me as one possible
avenue of improvement.