incubator-general mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: structural reform- division of labor
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 07:48:22 GMT
That's certainly a reasonable approach, but it doesn't quite capture what I'm talking about
when I mention the concept of having individual working groups to do more focused collaboration
on specific areas of work activity.  Where these conversations take place isn't really all
that important, what is important is that we have them.

     On Thursday, October 15, 2015 3:38 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org>
wrote:

 On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 5:05 AM, Joe Schaefer
<joe_schaefer@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
> ...Formally, that's all a working group needs to be- yet another mailing list....

I'm not in favor of more mailing lists, I think [tags] in subject
lines can pretty much do the same thing without splitting the
community (as per Stefano Mazzocchi's busy lists pattern [1]).

So maybe just define a set of such tags like [graduation], [proposal]
[release] etc. but stay here.

-Bertrand

[1] http://grep.codeconsult.ch/2011/12/06/stefanos-mazzocchis-busy-list-pattern/