incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Mentor neutrality policy
Date Sun, 11 Oct 2015 21:34:26 GMT

> On Oct 9, 2015, at 8:36 AM, Ross Gardler <Ross.Gardler@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Personally I would focus more on better oversight of podling and mentor activity. The
goal is to catch the occasional problem case rather than put restrictions in place. I'm not
sure how to do that though. I and others have made many suggestions over the years. They can
be found here http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/IncubatorIssues2013 <http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/IncubatorIssues2013>
(you might want to add your proposal there).

Even more oversight?  We already have a role that provides oversight of the shepherds who
provide oversight of the mentors who provide oversight of the podling.  Spreading responsibility
for getting something done is a sure way to make sure that it does not get done.  Just my
2 cents.

Regards,
Alan